Friday 5 July 2013

A Walk in the Life of Ricky the Dog

Dave has had a few days off which is great because we've had time to catch up; I like to keep up with what's going on in his life.  He always insists on trekking around Disley when he's off, and I like the walks so I don't mind taking him; the exercise and fresh air is good for him.

Setting out for Dave's walk
We set off at a leisurely pace, I sniffed all of the walls to start with to see who'd been about.  I could definitely smell Ollie, next door's snooty cat.  He's a big old meany but I try to rise above it.

Then as we got walking Dave seemed a bit bored, probably because we were on the road and there were no pretty flowers for him to look at so I tried to entertain him by doing some agility balancing tricks.  He seemed impressed so I'll have to look for some higher walls in Disley to balance on.

A few balancing tricks to keep Dave occupied
Then we turned around and went down to the canal.  Those damn ducks were there again, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell them that it's a canal for dogs - they're always there.  I gave them a good talking to but those sneaky little flappers went to the other side of the canal.  Hopefully now they've learnt who's top dog in Cheshire.

Teaching them Disley ducks a lesson

Sneaky little flappers
Dave was pretty tired when we got back, so I curled up for a nap so that he knew it was alright for him to kick back too.  I think to have a well trained owner it's best to lead by example.  Dave's a very good boy. 
Setting a sleepy good example

No comments:

Post a Comment