Saturday 24 May 2014

The trick to a good dog welcome

Dave has had to work a lot this week, and I know he really misses me when I'm at work.  That's why I make sure I give him a really nice welcome.  I usually know when he's coming back, when he's been away for a long time it means he's coming back soon. I prepare by standing right where he can see me first, so he knows I've missed him too.  Sometimes I end up standing there a while but it's worth it.
Preparing for Dave's safe return
The door makes a big noise when it opens but I can see him walking up the path first because he wears a special bright jacket for driving the bus, probably so that other drivers can tell someone's definitely driving the bus.  The trick is to start wagging my tail as soon as I see him coming, so that I achieve maximum wagginess by the time he gets in.

Dave always gives me a big fuss when he sees me.  I know that he'd like to take me everywhere if he could.  I'm sure I could be very helpful on the buses collecting tickets or just customer service; making everyone smile, but Dave says his friend Boss doesn't employ dogs.  That's discrimination but what are you going to do?  I'll help from home by being really ready for my fuss.
Getting my fuss to help Dave be a

No comments:

Post a Comment