Saturday 9 March 2013

I'm an Unofficial Seizure Dog!

Louise takes care of me a lot, so it's good when I take care of her too.  Dave is very healthy except when he gets the flu that is especially for men or hurts his leg playing 5 sided football (I have never seen a football pitch with 5 sides, it sounds very interesting).  Louise gets poorly sometimes though with something called epilepsy, which makes her fall down and get confused.  This makes me feel sad for her but she eats little white sweets that keep her well most of the time.

Today I could see that she was a bit ill but she couldn't tell and was walking around just like normal.  I was worried she'd fall down and so when she went to the stairs to go downstairs to feed me (which is normally good news) I was very worried, so I called her back into the living room and she sat down.  She seemed cross, like I was being silly, but then she looked very ill and confused.  After a short bit she breathed out and looked much better.  I laid by her feet to check she didn't try to get up too quickly, I figured breakfast could wait a bit.

Keeping an eye on Louise


Louise was very very grateful.  She sent Dave a message on his cleverphone to tell him too (it's a cleverphone because it takes photos and orders shopping.)  I hope that Dave will be just as happy with me. 

Louise says that she read that there are other dogs that can do this.  They're called seizure dogs and normally dogs need to go to school to learn how to help people and they earn a special collar and coat.  I learnt all by myself.  I can't have a proper collar and coat because I haven't been to the school, but Louise says I'm definitely an unofficial seizure dog.  I'm pleased with that because I don't really like to wear coats.

Louise took care of me back by taking me for a walk and buying me Rodeo treats, which are very nice treats.  She bought herself dieting cola and has eaten some lunch so she must be feeling better, I've eaten some Rodeos; life is good. I'm kind of tired from all the excitement so I'm taking a nice, long weekend nap.

Weekend naps - they rock


No comments:

Post a Comment