Saturday 2 March 2013

Wise things Dave and Louise have taught me - It's nice to be nice and size isn't everything.

I was a bit troubled yesterday because Poppy was very sad; she had an argument with Rupert. They're both my good friends (and Poppy's very pretty) so that made me worry.
Rupert had left when I got there and Poppy was lying quietly looking sad. To start with I thought it was because Christine, who runs the pub, had run out of biscuits. That had made me sad, but then Christine is very busy looking after lots of people in Disley so I didn't mind. Then Poppy said Rupert had barked at her and she didn't know why. Poor Poppy.

Poor Poppy

I asked Dave why Rupert would bark at Poppy. He said it could be because Poppy is getting bigger now she's not a puppy any more and Rupert is a bit intimidated, which is like how I feel when I see the yellow dog in the park that can fetch better than me (I don't see the point of fetch, I mean if they want the stick back so much why do they throw it in the first place?)

I told all this to Poppy who woofed me a thank you because she felt a bit better. Then Sarah, Poppy's Mummy, picked her up and gave her a big cuddle and she must have felt much better because she wagged her tail. This is normal; lots of people, mainly men, look happier after Sarah gives them a cuddle (she should cuddle more, she mainly cuddles Poppy's Daddy, the man i'm a bit scared of when there's music; when he dances, he kicks).

Next time I see Rupert i'm going to tell him not to feel bad that Poppy's getting bigger than him, that like Dave says; size isn't everything, and like Louise says; it's nice to be nice. Then I'm sure they will both go back to being the happiest dogs in Cheshire!
Big Hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment