Wednesday 6 March 2013

Squirrel Hunting and Splashing in Cheshire



I’ve been so tired this week that I’ve only just had a chance to look at all of the pictures Aaron took of me at the weekend!  There are so many, and he’s put them all on Facebook so all of my friends can see them.  There’s a lot of me and my friend Scrappy having fun.  We played on the meadow and did lots of running and hunting for squirrels.  Every time I thought I smelt a squirrel I would call Scrappy and he would come and give me a second opinion of whether it was definitely a squirrel or just a funny smell.   

Hunting squirrels with Scrappy

There were other dogs there too, and they all liked jumping in the river.  I’m not normally keen on the water, I don’t like it when my little legs can’t touch the bottom and the ducks on the canal in Disley are mean bullies.  The water on this river didn’t look too deep though so I tried it and it was very fun and all the other dogs were very impressed with my splashing skills!

Splashing


It was all quite tiring so I was happy to get back to Aarons house and hang out on the sofa with Scrappy.  We sat there and chatted all night until it was time for bed; I told him all about the problems I have with the local ducks and he was a very good listener.

Late night chats with Scrappy at Aaron's house


I could tell Scrappy was sad to see me go home, but it was nice that Dave and Louise were so excited to see me back again.  They were both feeling quite tired but we all had a nice cuddle and then went to watch the football, which was brilliant because Tottenham won.  Lois gave me lots and lots of Cheddars, and then Helen, Lois’s mum, says I can come round on Wednesday to hang out, which doesn’t really involve hanging, just sitting.  I’ll have to bring Louise too, as she gets very noisy if you leave her on her own too long and the neighbours complain.  She can be a lot of responsibility sometimes. 

4 comments:

  1. bless him, his writing is really coming on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aaron, and thank you for taking so many pictures of me!

      Delete
  2. Ricky!! What a handsome boy you are!!! I do believe I just may be the human of your American cousin! Her name is Lilly Bones. She is our little princess. Cheers to you from Colorado!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chris! Louise showed me where Colorado is, that would be a very long swim for me to get there, much longer than the river in Disley! I'm glad you have a good friend like me too. Cheers to you and Lilly Bones too.

    ReplyDelete